Part 1: Superstitious or Supernatural?
- Date: Sunday, October 9, 2011
- Speaker: Dan O'Leary
- Series: Practical Atheist
- Scripture: Acts 12:1–12:17
Practical Atheism can be defined by saying we believe in Jesus, but living as if He doesn't exist. This message is on prayer and if we treat it as a superstition or something supernatural.
Here is a brief overview at the notes for the message:
The message is on prayer and focused on Peter's miraculous escape from prison and the church's response in prayer.
1) Sometimes God says, "No."
2) Sometimes God says, "Obey."
3) Sometimes God says, "Yes."
4) No matter what happens, God is still God, and God is still good.
We showed a video of a man named Zac Smith from NewSpring church who passed away this year. Here it is:
While we don't believe that cancer or any disease is a gift from God, we do believe that God will use ANYTHING for His glory. Zac's story is emotional and hammers home the point that God is still God, and God is still good.
I want to thank Perry Noble and NewSpring church for allowing us to use this video and artwork, and also for letting me steal the idea for this message.